Monday, January 21, 2013

The Internet Told Me to Do It: Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole


I'm really trying hard to create a meal plan each week, and stick to it. My whole family is happier when we're eating good, healthy, home-cooked meals, but I frequently lose sight of that when Chase has been working a lot of late nights or when we haven't been able to coordinate a trip to the grocery store or when I'm bored stiff with the meals I usually make.

In order to keep it fresh and exciting (as fresh and exciting as cooking can get for me - I'm not much of a homemaker), I've been scouring the internet for new recipes. Chef in Training is my new favourite food blog, if only because she gets her husband to do a "favourites" round-up every once in awhile. If it's husband approved, I'm all over it.

Her Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole was hubby-approved - both her husband and my husband loved it; me, not so much. Whitney barely let it pass her lips. I'm not surprised that it wasn't my favourite recipe - I don't like white sauces much and this was very white-saucy. I also kind of hate parmesan, and even though I only used half of what the recipe called for, it was still a little too cheesy for me. That being said, I'd make this casserole again. It is a nice once-in-a-blue-moon-because-Chase-really-liked-it meal, and it's really easy to make.

Recipe here: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/03/creamy-chicken-broccoli-casserole/

No comments:

Post a Comment