Monday, October 22, 2012

A New Band/Man Crush

There was a time when I knew every hit on the radio before it even HIT the radio, but now I am several months - sometimes many years - behind trend. Like most old people, I don't think kids know what they're talking about, and I believe all new music is crap or a watered down version of something that's already been done. Every once in awhile, though, something comes out and, even if it does sound a little recycled, I fall in love. The Strokes were good (this is how old I am - I think The Strokes are a new band), The White Stripes (see previous parentheses), Amy Winehouse, Mumford and Sons... You get my drift. Sometimes a little nugget of goodness shines through.

I saw Neon Trees on Ellen (I think it was Ellen? I'm on mat leave. All daytime tv blends together now) the other day and, for the first time in a long time, I fell in love with a new band. Newish. I understand they've been around for awhile but I was too busy listening to Jerry Lee Lewis to notice. I was going to change the channel because "Neon Trees" doesn't sound like any band I'd want to listen to, but I'm so glad I stuck with it because it turns out they are pretty awesome. I didn't know it at the time because his hipster mohawk blinded me to his beauty, but their lead singer is pretty awesome, too (thank god for YouTube).

I still don't know, at the age of 31, what it is with me and dudes who look like they need a shower, but, as you may have gathered from like, every single crush post I've ever written, I love me some dirty boys; Tyler Glenn is no exception. Errm... Tyler Glenn when he had a full head of hair. Too freaking adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment